Make a list of 5 simple delights that brighten your day.
Feeling much better today. I did sleep in much more, however. Woke up close to noon. Yesterday was a great day in other ways. Watched an amazing movie that reminded me of Avatar.
Simple delights for me are as follows.
1. Discovering new songs like this one. I like her voice & how she sounds so haunting. I was on Instagram & someone used this song as a background. I had to go online to see who sang this song. Apparently she’s a new artist. This song would sound just as amazing without any music as well, that’s how you know the singer is truly talented. The singer, Billie, was inspired by the movie “Roma”. I watched “Roma” back in early January & thought it was really good. I knew it would get an Oscar and it did. Roma is an independent movie and many of you know that I’m an independent movie buff. Simply love this song.
Credit: Billie Eilish
2. Kissing my son on the cheek goodbye before he goes off to school. He gets a ride with a friend & he’ll text me when he arrives at school safely. I text him to have a great day and that I love him. He writes the same. We do this every day. You can never take life for granted. He’s my only child.
3. Watching a movie. I’m going to be watching a lot of movies in the future with my down time, especially when I’m limited physically. If you know any great independent movies, let me know. Getting lost in a story for a few hours is mesmerizing.
4. Interacting with my niece. I have a wonderful niece on Facebook who is native indian like myself. Her mom was my youngest sister who passed away. My older sister has been raising her like her own daughter. My niece is a delight in my life, I love her so much! She’s a year older than my son. We’ll communicate via messenger and we’ll just catch up on my biological mom, who is obviously my son’s & her grandmother. My son has always known he has a biological grandmother. It will be very special for my son to meet his native indian grandmother as he is half native himself. The only one of his kind with American & Brazilian native kayapo blood. Hopefully in the future, we can meet her & I can meet my niece for the first time. I won’t stop hugging her, she truly is special as is everyone else who is my biological relative in Brazil.
5. Eating a sundae. I think the last time I had a sundae was 2 years ago. I’m thinking it’s time to have another one. I have to make my own sundaes from now on because I’m lactose intolerant. Most places don’t serve non dairy icecream. Same with milkshakes. I have to make my own. I’m a simple girl when it comes to icecream. I don’t need the fuss of a thousand nuts, gummy bears, cookies, sprinkles or whatever else that completely hides the actual icecream! Just give me Breyer’s dairy free vanilla icecream with Smucker’s fudge and some whipped cream & I’m the happiest girl on the block.